This is the way our instance was built.

SQL> select * from v$nls_parameters where parameter in
 2  ('NLS_CHARACTERSET','NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET');

PARAMETER               VALUE
----------------------- -----
NLS_CHARACTERSET        UTF8
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET  UTF8

Axton Grams

On 9/6/06, Eric Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks, James!

But can we just reset values in table v$nls_parameters for
NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET instead of re-creating the
database?

Thanks,
Eric