-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Russell Wurth
Sent: viernes, 08 de septiembre de 2006 17:14
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Alternatives To Remedy For Consuming A Web Service

Paul,

One method I have had success with is using Java to call the web service

For the Java piece, get the Java Web Services Developer pack (v1.6 for
JDK < 1.5; v2.0 for JDK 1.5) and use wscompile to generate Java stubs
from your WSDL.

Then you can use Remedy's Java Scripting Filter Plugin, which allows you
to call Java, not Javascript, from a Filter with multiple input and
output mappings to Remedy fields.  This is available from the Remedy
community downloads.  It also contains examples of calling a web service
to get the stock price.  The input is read from a Remedy field, the
filter invokes the Java code, and the output is mapped back to a Remedy
field.  Since the call is run inside of the Remedy JVM, it is fairly
fast.

Russell