-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Carey Matthew Black
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 12:58 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: ARDBC plug-in to Sybase

John,

It is far from a "sample ARDBC plugin" but you might look at jtds for a
few options. (http://jtds.sourceforge.net/)

If you like Perl you could take a run at one of the following modules:
DBD::Sybase, DBD::ODBC, or DBD::FreeTDS.

Of If you like C and what to get it "straight from Sybase" then you
could go the "Open Client" route.

I doubt that was as much help as you wanted, but I hope it helps some.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 9/13/06, Reiser, John J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Listers,
>

> ARS 6.3 Patch 14
> MS SQL Server 2000
>

> Has anyone seen any sample ARDBC plugin code for reading a remote
> Sybase DB?
> I looked at the Buoyant Solutions Integrations but there are two
> problems. We have no money and it looks like the Sybase integration is

> not ready yet.
>
> We are looking for a solution to read a remote Sybase table and either

> use a Vendor form or just a Set Fields filter action.
> I checked some other options from information I gleaned off of the
List.