From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nyall McCavitt
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:31 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: [Possible SPAM]Re: request crashing user tool - malloc failed

** Hi,

Just thought that I would keep you up to date on this issue.

In turns at that one of the tickets that was causing this problem had a diary field of over 900MB!! I have isolated the relevant tickets ( 5 other tickets with a diary field of around 300MB is size), exported the data at the db level and updated the diary fields at the db level to ensure that they have no data in them. The system works perfectly now.

The only trick now is to analyse the data to try and figure out why it gone up to 900MB and get some of the original Work Log data back in.

Thanks for your help.

Nyall

McKenzie, James J C-E LCMC HQISEC/L3 wrote:
**

Nyall and Raido:

I'm willing to state that the affected action has a very large diary or attachment associated with it.  If you attempt to export the record from your database, Oracle can handle the data collection, but Remedy cannot.  Thus, you see a large increase in memory usage and then the crash.  If you care to explore, you can look at the CLOB storage for that record and find the record is very large.  Don't know how this happens as the limit for a diary field under Oracle is 1MB of text.

If you need help, I think that I can provide a little bit of it.

James McKenzie
L-3 GSI

__20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___ __20060125_______________________This posting was submitted with HTML in it___