I can see the benefit in creating private queues to control the
resouces, but I does not see if you gain any overall performance
benefit on the server.

--
Jarl

On 9/19/06, Axton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You can use separate rpc queues to control how much in resources an
external process uses.  For example, if you have a custom api that
will occupy all your fast or list threads that everything else uses,
you can create a separate rpc queue to handle the operations of that
program.  Also, it is handy from a server statistics standpoint in
that you can monitor the api calls for each program.  In my
environment we have separate rpc programs for all external interfaces.
 Mid-tier, approval server, eie, etc each get their own rpc queue.  I
have run into issues where a haywire api consumed all fast threads for
half an hour, the separate rpc queue at that time would have stopped
the outage.

Axton Grams