**
Whilst I do not remember it being officially announced at BUW, I am told that it was.
-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Shyam Attavar
Sent: September 21, 2006 02:26
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: NEWS: ITSM6 and CMDB2 on ARS7

**
In fact, I had a fairly long conversation with the Development Manager for the CMDB as well as the Product Manager for CMDB and both of them agreed that they already were working on a patch for ITSM 6 suite of applications (the release date for the patch is still not finalized as of yet) that would work with CMDB 2.0.1 on AR 7.0.1 which as per some conversation should be releasing soon Oct/Nov timeframe. This was based on the feedback they recieved from various customers that they would not consider moving to ITSM 7.0, but wanted Federation, CI Viewer, better Reconciliation that is available in CMDB 2.x.

I don't believe that this is an officially announced. However, this has been confirmed and I have been having further conversations with the development manager since BUW about related things, so that we can plan for it from a logistics perspective.

Cheers,
--
Shyam

"Watson, Matthew (Melbourne)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
This was a fairly hot topic at BUW, it seems a lot of people would like
to use the CI Viewer from CMDB 2.0 without having to upgrade to ITSM 7.

However, nothing was promised at all by BMC, there was no "official"
announcement that I'm aware of. It was merely a discussion topic. It may
be something that BMC are now working on based on the BUW feedback, but
that's about all I took away from it.

As far as the effort goes, it will obviously vary but CMDB 1.1 - CMDB
2.0 will be a lot simpler than ITSM 6 - ITSM 7.

Matt