From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Don McClure
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 11:20 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy support site issues

**
The last information I had concerning MT 6.3---it does not use client-side Java at all.
Therefore, the exact JRE on the client machine should not matter (at least, that is the
way it has worked in our installation).

My desktop is running the following, working correctly with Remedy's Website:
Firefox 1.5.0.7
JRE 1.4.2_09
WinXP/SP2

Our own Remedy Instance:
ARS 5.1.2
HD 5.5
MT 5.1.2 and MT 6.3, separate web servers, pointing to same ARS instance

HTH...

Don W. McClure, P.E.
Systems Engineer
University of North Texas
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
940.565.3287

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 26-Sep-06 1:09 PM >>>
I've seen problems with multiple versions of Java when visiting Remedy's support site.  I use IE6 SP2, under Windows 2000 or XP, with both JRE 1.5.0_04 and JRE 1.5.0_06 on each PC.  On both PCs, I'd had problems accessing Remedy's support site.

I ended up disabling the APPLET support from within the Java Control Panel as follows:  Start, Settings, Control Panel, Java, Advanced Tab, <APPLET> tag support, Uncheck support for IE.

With it configured as above, it seems to work fine for both Remedy's support site, the Web Services settings of the Admin Tool, and Mid-Tier 6.3.

Eric Cleereman