The ARSperl Makefile.PL has problems handling directory names containing space characters (in this case "Program Files" and "AR System"). As a workaround, you might copy the "Api" directory to some other location and compile against this copy.

Regards,
Thilo Stapff

Chapman, Gary schrieb:
**
Hi Listers,
I wonder if some one could help me with an issue I have while attempting to run the makefile.pl for ARSPerl.
I get the following error: -
/Generating serverTypeInfoHints.h ..
something went wrong when i ran "E:\Perl\bin\perl.exe infra/exsi.pl < E:/Program Files/AR System/Arserver/Api/include/ar.h > serverTypeInfoHints.h" (rv = 256, e
xpected 0) at E:\Perl\ARSperl-1.85\Makefile.PL line 213./
I am just learning PERL so I can imagine it's something I'm doing horribly wrong. Thanks in advance,
* *

*Regards,
Gary Chapman* *Application Support*

T +44(0)1908 696000
D +44(0)1908 257446

F +44(0)1908 692791

E [EMAIL PROTECTED] _
W _http://www.imserv.invensys.com_ <http://www.imserv.invensys.com/>

IMServ Europe Ltd
Scorpio Rockingham Drive Linford Wood Milton Keynes MK14 6LY
Registered in England and Wales No.2749624
Registered Address: Invensys Portland House Stag Place London SW1E 5BF

Disclaimer Notice
This message/attachment(s) are CONFIDENTIAL and may contain LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information. If this message/attachment(s) were not intended for you please contact the sender IMMEDIATELY and delete this message/attachment(s) from your computer. You must not copy, forward or disclose the contents of this message/attachment(s) to any other person. The views/opinions in this message are solely of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Please check this message/attachment(s) for the presence of viruses. No liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this message/attachment(s) is accepted by the company.