Robert,

RE:
"
There are differences of up to 16 hours in these timestamps (system created
-create_date- versus our set-fields of TIMESTAMP) so that would be a bunch of
timeouts!
"

So your saying that you have a Date/Time field that is only set via a
filter set field action to a value of $ TIMESTAMP $ and that during a
single submit action that records 'Create Date' and this other field
end up being HOURS apart?  That seems very, very wrong to me. I have
no explanation for how that might even be possible other than a BUG. I
doubt that Filter Looping could be slow enough to not reach a
configured max filter or max filter depth in 16 hours.

Or are these TIMESTAMP values supplied by the client?
Could it be that you have some Clients out there that are configured
to be in a strange Time Zone? Are there any consistency about the
$USER$ values for the records that are off by hours?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach