Tony,

We have performed a number of bi-directional XML integrations between Remedy
and a third party. Sadly it's not quite as simple as using a couple
webservices because there are so many other issues one must worry about (not
helped by the fact Remedy's webservices aren't very well thought out).

For example, authentication of a third party (a third party providing a
cookie), store and forward (third party "disappearing"), using a number of
third party webservices (load balancing), etc.

And then we need to think about inbound data: The third party may wish to use
JMS, pass attachments (through a number of mechanisms), supply data that
requires translation, pass strings when a field requires an enumerated value,
etc.

Even the most basic concept of a third party not knowing (and not caring)
whether an entry exists in Remedy needs to be thought out (given a third
party will never reliably know whether to instruct a create or modify).

I'd suggest you check out our XML Gateway:
www.javasystemsolutions.com/products/xmlgateway.

In short, you could do a poor job using a couple webservices, but no serious
corporate is going to sign that off.

John

--
John Baker, J System Solutions Ltd.