** Do you have the DB on another box? What happens with CPU usage by the DBMS during these times?

I guess you can switch on the API logging, and take a look what happens before the system will crash. If needed, you can then switch on filter and escalation logging if nessecary to see which part of the workflow is causing this.

I have had one occasion before where 1 corrupt entry in SHR:Company could take down the entire arserverd process. Found out about this one entry by examining the API and SQL logs. When I manually nulled the Diary field for this entry, the problem was resolved.
Never found out what the real issue was, but I never had any problems like this either.

Kind regards,

Michiel