The PushOK proxy (http://www.pushok.com/soft_cvs.php) is an "SCC API plug-in
which provides access from practically all Microsoft SCC enabled software to
general CVS repositories. The Microsoft SCC API is supported by: MS VC 5.0-7.0,
MS VB 5.0-7.0, MS .NET, MS FrontPage, MS DEV and other Microsoft development
tools."

In other words, it sits between CVS and the development tool, allowing CVS to
behave like SourceSafe.  Hence, the proxy should not be "doing things by
'object name'" -- it shouldn't actively be doing anything except what Remedy
Administrator tells it to do.

Although I think it's a very cool idea, I have not worked with the PushOK CVS
proxy for a long time, for the following reasons.  First, I'm simply not sold
on the way Remedy does source control.  Def dumps are good enough, at least in
a small shop like mine.  (For more of my rambling rants about source control,
Remedy, and the pitfalls related thereto, search the ARSLIST archives.)
Second, I've stopped using CVS for source control in my C, C++, Java, etc.
projects.  I now use Subversion (http://subversion.tigris.org/) along with
TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/).  It's simply a better solution,
which is why projects like GGC, Python, Samba, Zope, Mono, etc. dropped CVS in
favor of SVN.

As a matter of fact, the PushOK people have released a proxy for Subversion
(http://www.pushok.com/soft_svn.php), but I haven't tried it out because of
reason number one above.  If I find some time later this year, I may try it
out, but for now I'm just not motivated...

Tim Widowfield
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
v: 937-878-9045
f: 937-878-9055