From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Remedy Developer
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:00 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Helpdesk notification mails.

**

Hi,

   I have one problem here with respect to Helpdesk notifications. There are various notifications which corresponds to the various stages in the helpdesk ticket lke New, Assigned, Work in Progress, Resolved etc.. In an out of box setup these notifications gets fired automatically to the concerned support group or individual.

    I'm facing a unique problem here. I have one person who has been lately removed from one support group but is still getting the helpdesk notification mails . Vice versa there is another person who has been lately added in this support group but he is not getting any helpdesk notification mails.

I followed the following procedure to add / remove the person in the support group:

1) I logged into the Remedy User console using a Demo login
2) Opened the Remedy application configuration
3) In the General tab - went to step 5 - Group population
4) Selected the support group from where I need to remove / add the person
5) It automatically displays the list of people in that corresponding group.
6) Selected the person and Deleted him from that group.
7) Then, I selected Permission from the Group Type in the same form and selected App-Support and then correspondingly removed the concerned person's name from the list.
8) Similarly followed the above two steps (step 6 & 7) to add the new person in that support group.

Later on I checked the record in the People definition form for these two persons. Their entries with respect to groups were correct. Still the problem occurs. I even tried the running the following command physically on the Remedy server

"arsignal -c <servername>:<port>"
"arsignal -g <servername>:<port>"

Even after running these two commands did not resolve the issue. Kindly help me out with the issue.

Thanks ,

Frank.

Remedy Developer

DISCLAIMER: