Lisa,

I think the best idea I have for you might seem a bit strange, but I
would bet that it would work. ( Yes this is a workaround.)

Workaround 1:
A) Add a display only field to the form.
B) Have a Merge filter do a push actions to the current record and set
this new Display only field with a "code" that tells a Modify filter
what to do.
C) Add a Modify filter that fires early (Execution order 0) that does
the push action off to the other form(s) as need then does a GOTO to
1000 to skip the rest of the filters on Modify.

Workaround 2:
Have a Merge filter check for the value of the field, and maybe the
TR value specifically. If the value is NULL then do a Set Field action
to get the value from the DB if there is a value there. That should
"PULL" the value into the Merge transaction and let the other push
actions happen as you would expect.

Obviously Option #1 is more general and would require minimal
workflow, but Option #2 should perform faster if there is a short list
of values that you care about too.

HTH.

BTW: I have seen this behaviour before and I can not remember if it is
a bug or "as designed". So let us know what they say too.

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)

Love, then teach