Why not use COLSUM?

--
Carey Matthew Black
Remedy Skilled Professional (RSP)
ARS = Action Request System(Remedy)

Love, then teach
Solution = People + Process + Tools
Fast, Accurate, Cheap.... Pick two.

On 10/12/06, Mathieu Pitre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

ARS6.3

I am trying to find the best way to calculate some column in a table on a
($ROWCHANGED$ =  "1" ) OR ($ROWSELECTED$ >=  "1" ).

Let me explain you the scenario. Our developer are using a Release-Request
application to promote their new code into production. Part of this Release-
Request is a ESPM checklist which they need to fill up in order to see if
their code respect the standard. The checklist is in a table. Based on
their selection for each topic I need to come up with a Global Score. Here
are the choices they have for each topic:

Fully compliant = 2
Partilly compliant = 1
Not compliant = 0
N/A = 2

I have created an Active Link guide to associate the value(corresponding
score) in a column as soon as they select one of the value stated above.
That works perfecly. Now, I need to calculate the values which will be used
to set the global score field. The global score field is a Real Number
field. The formula is the following one : SUM(ALL values)/30. I do not want
to create a button to calculate the score. I want the Global Score to be
update as soon as the user changes a value in the table. Currently, as soon
as I click on a row it recalculates all the values even if I dont change
the value.

Here are the AL and ALG I am using:

1- Active link : A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-FireOnScoreALGuide (This
one fires the Active Link Guide, Return/Dbl-Click + Menu/row choice + Lose
focus)

2- Active Link Guide : A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-ALGOnScore (This ALG
contains a few active link which basicly check the value selected (Fully
compliant, partially compliant, ect.) to its corresponding number)
2.1- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-SetTempScore(FullyCompliant)
2.2- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-SetTempScore(PartiallyCompliant)
2.3- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-SetTempScore(Not compliant)
2.4- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-SetTempScore(N/A)
2.5- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-OnScore (This one is used just to
reset a tempfield containing a integer to $NULL$)

2.6- AL: A-PWC-Release-Request-ESPMDiag-SetGlobalScore (This one is the one
that I am trying to use to calculate the Global Score)

RunIf :($ROWCHANGED$ =  "1" ) OR ($ROWSELECTED$ >=  "1" )
Action = Set Field
Name: tempGlobalScore
Value: $tempGlobalScore$ + $tbESPMScore$(value of column in table)

Name: Global Score
Value: $tempGlobalScore$ / 30.00

Regards,

Mathieu Pitre