Currently, we are converting from Asset Center to Remedy.  We will be
implementing CMDB 2.0 where we track many different types of Circuits
(Point to Point, Frame Relay, Sonet etc.).  Our initial thoughts are we
would be designing a separate class to store circuits.  We came to this
conclusion for the simple reason we track many different
attributes/features on our circuits where nothing really seemed to fit into
the current class model.  I would be interested to hear how you decided to
use the access point class?  If you would like to email me directly feel
free because I am always looking for contacts from other companies that
track circuits and telecom equipment.