Hi all,

I was wondering if there was a better/faster way of managing the
permission/access on several fields. I am currently creating some Active
Link and Active Link guides to change the permission(Visible/Hiden +
Write/Read-Only) of some fields based on the status. My application as more
then 100 different fields which need to be considered in therm of access. I
understand that I can create a AL base on a every status which then start
on ALG which contains another buch of AL but is there another way of doing
this? I mean, on top of being very borring to do it is time consuming and
very redundant. Is there anything I could do to manage my fields access
differently? Such as locking up(Read-Only) all the fields that are part of
a tab(page field tab)... I realize that I could also use the field
permission tab to establish the access the each field but I hate to see an
open field and get an error msg to advise the user that they cannot change
the value in it. If the user cannot write in the field, I want to see it
grayed out.

Let me know please. Thank you.

Mathieu Pitre