-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cliff A
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:50 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Macro & report prob afetr pc upgrade to win xp

ARS Client 6.3 patch7
ARServer 6.3 p17
Oracle9i

I have just installed v6.3 on my new pc which is running xp pro.  I have
found that embedded macros that used to export reports to excel are now not
working.  Also, when I try to just export a simple rep to excel I get the
following error....

The format for the application section in dde.ini is invalid - you can
specify only CSV or TAB for format. (ARERR 1883)

I have copied my original dde.ini into the correct home dir. These reps
worked fine on my old Win2000 pc.  Here's a sample ...

[NRD_EXCELSTATUSREPORT]
Path = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\excel.exe Application =
excel Topic = system Format = Tab XFRDATA = Clipboard
Command1 = [NEW("C:\Nrd\StatusReport.xls")][PASTE()][SAVE.AS(,0)]

Anyone had similar problems?

Cliff