Hello all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for deleting entries from the DSL
product dictionary?

The out-of-the-box DSL product dictionary contains around 13,000
entries, many of which are not business software and we'd like to scrub
it down to around 2,000 entries. A large number of entries negatively
effects performance in the ITSM applications when using the
categorization drop-down fields and when accessing the DSL Console.

I do know that DSL imports into the following forms:

        PDL:ESIDappfiles
        PDL:ESIDapps
        PDL:ESIDfiles
        PDL:ESIDmanufacturer
        PDL:ESIDsuiteapps
        PDL:ESIDsuites
        PDL:ESIDversioninfo

Has anyone done this? If not, any ideas?

Going forward, we plan to "filter" DSL updates provided by BMC to
include only those entries that are relevant to our business.

Thanks,
Michael
Ph (817)525-7211

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.