**

David – here are some answers for you:

Should there be a record in the User form for every record in the shr:people form? (Is this a company decision?)

Not necessarily – A user record is created whenever you assign a Remedy license to someone.  This is not available to you if you are creating a People record directly from the Help Desk case.  If you are using the Configuration Manager, however, then a separate tab for licensing becomes available when you set up a People record and, if you do assign them a license, then there is workflow that pushes from SHR:People to create a User record.  So, for example, where I work, we have say 1000 People records but only about 300 User records.  This is more a function of whether the people in the system need access via a license or whether they are being set up for information purposes.  If you do workflow logging when creating a user from Configuration Manager where you have added a license you will see the push to the User form; otherwise, no license – no user record.

If we decide to have all shr:people information in the user are there any issues? (Is this a performance problem - We have 15000 people?)

If you think your system is incapable of handling 2 tables with 15000 records each, then you should probably have your DBA take a look, but in general no, this shouldn’t be a problem.

David – hopefully by answering these two questions, it also answers #3 and #4 for you.  Bottom line – do your users need licenses?  If yes, then use Configuration Manager to set up the People record; if no, then use the People record available from the Help Desk case or also use Configuration Manager but don’t assign any licenses to them.

Hope this helps.

Candace DeCou