From: Kelly Logan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thursday, November 9, 2006 3:55:42 PM
Subject: USA City, State lookup by zip code for Customer in Help Desk

Hello All,

I've had a request to have the entirety of possible US (including Puerto Rico) zip codes available for City, State lookup in the Customer form for Help Desk.

USPS has a ASCII file with all of them in readable format, but it looks monstrous (an entire CD, zipped; better than a DVD, I guess).

We do not have an available outfacing web server, so a web service lookup is not viable.

Has anyone tried this?  If so, what size and type of system are you on and did the amount of data cause any issues?

Right now, if they decide they want to go forward with this, is to put the data into a separate table and/or database and customize the Remedy code to pull from it.  Again, any experience and/or advice on this is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Kelly Logan
Cybernetic Solutions, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]