** It is my experience that the larger customers in the DC--Baltimore--Northern Virginia area deal with companies they have "screened" or vetted one way or another. I found it difficult to get on their "approved companies" lists. Many wish to deal only with BMC/Remedy partners. Government agencies will very rarely deal with small, independent companies.

I attached myself to a local company that does nothing but consulting work; that is, no temp-to-hire. Life's been pretty good.