** When we upgraded to ARS 6.3 (ITSP 4.0) we tried to get Crystal XI running, spent nearly a month chasing BMC and BO around trying to get answers.  In the end I installed Crystal 10 and I had it up and running in 10 minutes.  Thru all the meetings I had with BO, it seems they changed their security model on XI and Remedy would no longer work with it (something was mentioned about using model like DOD).  I know the license pricing of XI is much cheaper then version X due to small business bundles, this is why we spent the time trying to get XI working.  In the end we had all users needing report to user The AR user tool and not support reporting via Mid Tier.

My question: does Crystal XI work with Remedy 7.0.1??

Thanks,
Rob

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:34:32 -0600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Tomcat and Crystal Reports Server XI
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
I finally got Crystal Report Server XI running on the Tomcat 5.5.17 server that mid-tier 7.0.01 installs yesterday. Most of what you need to do is not documented, or scattered all over the place in pieces in the BO documentation and less so in the Tomcat "documentation" which usually tells you to try something that does not work. Note that when you install Crystal Report Server XI on Windows it will want to run either with IIS and .NET 2.0, or with Java - in which case it installs it's own version of Tomcat 5.something in its own directory structure by default as a JAp server, but still uses IIS for the web server. I was trying to get it to use both the Tomcat JAp AND the Tomcat Web server component that mid-tier will install if coaxed to do so. Note also that the mid-tier-installed Tomcat 5.5.17 has been patched to run with Java 1.4.2 ... normally Tomcat 5.5 wants Java 1.5. ServletExec and RKM and several other things want 1.4.2, not 1.5.

Crystal Enterprise Standard 9.0 as bundled with Crystal Reports Professional 8.0 correctly served up reports for mid-tier 5.1.2 (our current production system) and 6.3, and before that Crystal Enterprise Standard 8.5 for mid-tier 5.0. This is NOT working properly for XI and mid-tier 7.0.01. My working theory is that BO changed the licensing model of the web component server bundled with Crystal Reports Professional form one with 5 concurrent un-named licenses to one with 5 named licenses, and mid-tier is incapable of using that configuration. I reported this as far back as the ITSM EA and have re-reported it this week. It is a show stopper, and BMC Remedy has not been able to explain it. And no, I have no plans (or budget) to purchase a full-blown Crystal/BOXI server of some sort just to make the reports bundled with ITSM 7 work in the mid-tier. If we have to buy some sort of concurrent license for it in order to make reporting work, that will be an unexpected expense.
Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Remedy Database Administrator
University of North Texas Computing Center
http://remedy.unt.edu/helpdesk/