________________________________

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Watson, Benjamin A.
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 12:21 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Support site having problems?

**

Since this is the most recent Support Site issue thread, I thought I'd
add to it (and rant a little).

1.      If you're only allowed to access the support site from a single
IP at any given time, then the fact that I logout from 1 machine should
release the connection allowing me to log in from another.

        a.      Perhaps I'm monitoring a ticket from my work PC, but
wish to access the Support site from the server which needs an update
and download the file to the server.

2.      Regarding Issues:

        a.      Has anyone been able to upload an attachment to an
issue?  A screen shot is worth a thousand words.  Since I can't upload
attachments, I'm forced to typing a novel describing the issue.
Speaking of novels on Issue entries, it appears to me that there is a
limit on the underlying character field for submitting updates in the
"Add New Update Here" field.  What is the limit?  Apparently I hit it
one day as I received the "Unable to set up data connection which is
preventing this application from working correctly" message after
supplying much detail to the problem I was experiencing.  I resorted to
updating the issue via e-mail, and saw that the update was truncated.
The "Summary" field is clearly marked as 256 characters, but no other
field displays a limit, so (naturally) I assume it to be limitless (0).
Especially a "Details" field.
        b.      Has anyone been able to download an attachment that BMC
has added to an issue?  When I try to view (download) the attachment,
I'm redirected to a blank issue screen and receive a nasy ARERR message
indicating that I can't submit a new issue.

<rant>

My level of frustration continues to escalate using this new support
site.  What's worse is that we're paying for this.  Ok, when I say "we",
I mean my customer.  However, since my customer is a branch of the
Federal Government, I could argue that the money they're using to pay
for this service is coming from tax monies.  So, in effect, we're
(taxpayers) all paying for this (including BMC).  Was this new support
site fully tested in a test environment before rolled out to production?
I'd say we have an enormous pool of testers on this very list willing to
help out.

</rant>

Sorry for the rant, but I feel a little better now.

Ben