From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Rick Cook
Sent: 23 November, 2006 12:56 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Contractor/Consultant fee for approx 6 months

** Check your math, Bing - that's $200/hr.  A high rate for some, but not for
others.

On 11/23/06, Bradford Bingel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

**

Whoa!  $60,000 for 300 hours is $2,000/hour, a hefty rate indeed.  (And even if
that was TWO contractors, each logging 300 hours, that's still a $1,000/hour
rate.)

For the greater Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda area, I'd venture $70 - $100/hour
would be a competitive range.  Of course, complex short-term engagements using
a traveling consultant, will probably cost more, while relatively simple
long-term engagements using a local consultant, may cost less.  Not sure about
Remedy consultant availability in SW Florida but would venture it's difficult
and you may need to plan on using a "non-native" and paying travel (or building
travel into the rate).  For 6 months labor plus travel (airfare, lodging,
meals) I'd suggest budgeting around $125K (more for complex work, less for
simpler staff augmentation).  The closest concentrations of Remedy consultants
are probably Georgia and North Carolina.

Hope this helps!  Please email if you need any additional information or need
assistance finding a suitable consultant.

-- Bing

Bradford Bingel ("Bing")
ITM3 California

http://www.itm3.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (email)
925-260-6394 (mobile)

p.s.  How goes the post-hurricane reconstruction?  I visit Fort Myers every
year and regularly make the drive north.  Last time I was through Punta Gorda,
"downtown" still looked a little bare!