I am a Remedy Admin at Yale New Haven Hospital.  We are in the process of
trying to upgrade ITSM from version 5.6 to 6.0.  Our environment is :

Unix AIX 5.2
Oracle 9i release 2
ARS 6.3 patch 18
ITSM 5.6

Oracle is on the same server as the Applications.

Our install order was to be:  CMDB 1.1, RE 1.1, ITSM upgrade installer to
6.0.

While trying to install CMDB 1.1 received the following error message:

[ERROR] Non-zero code returned from RIKXMLGet.
Please check logs in /u01/arsystem/cmdb/Logs.
[ERROR] RIKXMLGet returned error code 255
RIKXMLGet package.xml package.guid lepc_tmp
[ERROR] Non-zero code returned from RIKXMLGet.
Please check logs in /u01/arsystem/cmdb/Logs.
[ERROR] RIKXMLGet returned error code 255
RIKXMLGet package.xml package.version lepc_tmp
[ERROR] Non-zero code returned from RIKXMLGet.
Please check logs in /u01/arsystem/cmdb/Logs.
[ERROR] RIKXMLGet returned error code 255
RIKGetSvrInfo 4 lepc_tmp
rik getsvrinfo -x pine -t 0 -u Demo -f  -m  -l /u01/arsystem/cmdb -C -L -n
RemedyCMDB -o 4
[ERROR] Non-zero code returned from GetSvrInfo.
Please check logs in /u01/arsystem/cmdb/Logs.
[ERROR] GetSvrInfo returned error code 255
Problem getting version of AR System server.
 500-SIM: FAILURE
serverCanRestart
Both, AR System config and lock, files are writable by me.
ARSRestartServer

We have been told by a Remedy Partner that the upgrade installer has not
worked successfully in this environment.

Has anyone encountered this error?  Has anyone used the upgrade installer
successfully in this environment?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kim Ardito
Yale New Haven Hospital