We've see similar issues with the attachement field on our HPD:Helpdesk
forms...

Occasionally a user will send in an attachment (routed by email and
filters) and when we try and open the Helpdesk form, the AR client just
dies! No message or anything... we may get a Windows message about the
unexpected application termination.

Both times this has happened, the file origins have been from Unix users
and of course, Unix is more forgiving for file naming than Windows. Until
the Windows AR client opens the form, we have no way of telling there was a
file naming issue.

Example filename was: Output from "cron" command.msg.msg

This was a unix mail message saved as an attachment and the quotation marks
caused us grief.

Getting around it? Only happened twice so far, and not a major concern for
us yet, so I don't know... user education is one (yeah right!).

We're on AR 5.12 with HD 5.

Karim