If you are a Partner go throught the 7.X Installation and Configuration Class.
If you are a Customer it is highly recommended to engage a Partner to do an in
place Upgrade. There are many gotchas.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:46 AM
Subject: best method for migration

All,

I'm looking to install a new set of servers, in the midst of this we
are undertaking an ARS upgrade too (fun!) but what I want to know is
what is the fastest way to get the DB copied from old DB server to new
DB server should I do:

a) install ars 6.3, copy the db across from old server to new at db
level, then upgrade to 7.0
b) install 7.0, copy db across

Which would be best? and are there any gotchas.

Current platform:

Oracle 9.2
Solaris 9
ARS 6.3 patch 18

New platform:

Oracle 10gR2
Solaris 9
ARS 7.0.1

Comments and suggestions greatfully recieved.

Thanks
Stephen