Hi,

       I have one requirement in my present project. Here the tickets are
getting created automatically by reading the values from an .csv file. This
is currently being done as follows :

1) I have created one temporary form which stores the values which are read
from the .csv file (by using Remedy import tool).
2) Using a filter which gets executed on a "Merge" Execute on action on this
particular form, I use a "Push Fields" action to create tkts automatically
in Helpdesk.
3) The tickets created automatically in the Helpdesk form and the default
notification is also being received by the user.

As mentioned above, I now have a reqt whereby before pushing the values to
the HD form (i.e while creating a tkt automatically in HD) it shld chk for
couple of values in the entire HD table (at the backend) and then discard
this particluar row from creating a ticket automatically in HD so that we
can then avoid duplication of tkts.

Can anybody give me some ideas to implement this??

I have tried this particular workaround , but with no result

1) I created two extra fields in the temporary form for trapping these
values (in case of duplication)
2) I achieve this by creating a filter which again executes on "Merge"
action and uses a Set Field action , and Set Fields if using "SQL" query.
3) The query stands something like this... "Select column1, Column2 from
HPD_Helpdesk where Column1='$Fieldname$' AND Column2 = '$Fieldname$' "
4) The resultant values are then saved in the two extra fields which I have
created.
5) Finally in the filter which is creating the tkts automatically in HD form
, i have added an "AND " condition which chks for NULL value in Column1 and
Column2
6) Only if its NULL thn it shld create a tkt.

But as i hv mentioned above, I did not get any luck with this workaround...
Any other ideas any body would like to suggest for achieving this???

Thanks & Regards,
Anantha