I thought this could be done in ARS 6.3 (not sure about a single click)
using Crystal Reports Enterprise.

Nick
-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mike Balogh
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 10:25 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Report to file via Mid-tier

Hi -

I know this question has been asked in the past but I have been unable
find any specific answers.  I am working with a client on ARS version
6.3
and am looking for a way within Mid-tier to produce a report export to
file by pushing a single button.  Query criteria and the report format
will all be predefined.  A simple ARSystem report will do.  Apparently,
however, doing so via an Open Window action in an active link is not
supported for Mid-tier in any version of ARS.

So my question is two-fold:

1) Is there any way to do this within ARS Mid-tier 6.3 or 7.0?
2) If not, has anyone done this outside of ARS using 3rd party tool or
integrations?  And if so, could you provide some basic direction as to
how
to proceed?

Thanks in advance,
~Mike Balogh