> I've understood that our current release (6.0.1) is supported.  I
suppose it's possible that I misunderstood
> the compatability matrix.

6.0.1 is a supported platform, although under BMC support policy it in
Limited Support.

http://www.bmc.com/info_center_support/overview/0,,19097_4736154_4073759
6,00.html

> can you confirm Full Text Search functionality on 6.3?

The "original" FTS is not compatible with AR System 6.3.  This is
explained in the Statement of Direction around FTS which can be found on
Support Central.

http://www.bmc.com/support/hou_Support_ProdVersion/0,3648,19097_19695_14
4856_0,00.html

-David J. Easter
Sr. Product Manager, Service Management Business Unit

BMC Software, Inc.