OK, since I started this (talk about trolling.....)

Let me say that I have continued to have some pretty good contacts
with folks inside Remedy....  In fact, right after I wrote the
original post, I called support (I hadn't made a call to support in a
LONG time, always used the web) and immediately got Carmen.  She
walked through the issue I was having, we made some mutual discovery's
along the way, and she got my problem resolved immediately.  My issues
have strictly been at a corporate/direction and process level.  And
yes, as I stated earlier, the support web site...it's truly garbage!

Never thought I'd miss the old KB.