Hello List,

Everytime a user logs in externally to Remedy, they'd always get the ARERR
[623] Authentication failed. In the aruser.log, it says that our EXT AUTH
authenticates the user successfully, logs him in, then releases him, and
finally logs him out. Then right after that it's all "LOGIN FAILED MidTier
Service (password)".
Yesterday, everything worked perfectly. But when I started tinkering around
with our test server (to solve other problems), this problem with the
midtier service started!

These are the things that I did in the test server (sequentially):

Uninstalled the current version of java.
Installed a different (lower) version of java.
[ Restarted the server ]
Replaced arapi70.dll and arapi70.jar with arapi51.dll and arapi70.jar
[ Restarted the server ]
Replaced arapi51.dll and arapi51.jar with arapi63.dll and arapi63.jar
[ Restarted the server ]

( Someone reported the midtier is not working. So I tried restoring it back
to the original settings )

Replaced arapi63.dll and arapi63.jar with arapi70.dll and arapi70.jar
[ Restarted the server ]
Uninstalled the current version of java.
Reinstalled the version of java we were using.
[ Restarted the server ]

Mikhail Serate
Remedy Development Team
Information Technologies