Hi Listers -
Happy Holidays!

I have a basic question regarding self join forms (I'm specifically looking
at AST: forms from the Asset 7.0 app).  For example - AST:ComputerSystem is
a join of BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem to another
BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem.

What's the purpose of this?  If I trace this all back from a database
standpoint, AST_ComputerSystem is a view, which is based on two other
views, those are based on four other views, which are based on joins of 5
tables, 2 views...etc...etc...lots of nesting.

I'm not sure I understand the design principle behind this, and it would be
helpful if someone could point me to the documentation that might speak to
this, or give me the "Remedy BackEnd Design for Dummies" synopsis.

Thanks!
Cindy