Hello Rick,

Since you are using a historical version of Remedy 7.0.3 and like you have
understood from BMC community blog that you can get this functionality by
custom approval process.

Well you can still get this done by base forms. As you are in version
7.0.3, then go to this form *SYS:Status Transition Rules *a sort with
CHG:Infrastructure Change.

You will notice all the status transition for Change Management. This form
stores the valid status transitions. So a record with status Enabled in
this form means, it is a valid transition and if you want to block a status
transition, then you need to test the same and check this fits well for
your business need.

This form was being used for CM till release 7.6.00. However from
7.6.Patch1 onwards, this form is no more used by CM. The form now used by
CM is "SYS:Status Flow Transition Rules". The basic concept remains the
same.

Having said that, getting prepared for Remedy latest 8.1 SP2 would be best,
unless you wish to go for upcoming 9.0. I am sure you will like it :)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kunal Das

Looking for that extra advantage?

Then take the time to visit
https://communities.bmc.com/communities/community/bmcdn/bmc_it_service_support
where you can meet your peers on the BMC communities, share opportunities &
challenges and realize more value from BMC Remedy products.

BMC Remedy Service Support Communities include : Remedy Service Desk
(Incident & Problem Management), Asset Management, Change & Release
Management, Knowledge Management, Service Request Management, Process
Designer, and IT Business Management.