Everyone,

It is indeed OK to overlay various forms for various reasons.

Let's go through the rules.....

BMC.CORE:xxxx forms

These are the CMDB forms themselves.  You can overlay the VUI (the UI layout
and interaction) of this form and you can overlay the DISPLAY of the fields.
DO NOT overlay the field definitions themselves.  You can overlay the form only
in the mode of no changes to the form -- a dummy overlay.  You could do this if
you wanted to ADD new custom fields that are trim fields.

So, you are overlaying only the form display/layout.  NOTHING else should be
overlayed or changed.  Change other things by changing the definitions through
the Class Manager.

AST:xxxx forms

These are joins between the CMDB and the AST:Atribute forms.  These forms are
used by the Asset Management system.  You can overlay these forms and fields
and change things as is needed for your environment.  You should be careful
about removing fields on these forms as it would limit functionality within
Asset Management.

So, you should have full overlay rights on these forms.

WARNING -- the syncUI utility may delete the joins and recreate them.  That of
course would delete any overlays.  So, you want to be sure to either not run
that utility and update any newly added CMDB field on the form yourself or
export all overlays/custom definitions, run syncUI, and reimport your
overlay/custom definitions.

Workflow on either

I would be careful about overlaying any workflow on either of these forms.  You
can if it is essential, but any workflow is likely core functionality of the
corresponding system.

Adding new custom workflow is just fine.   Just be sure that it is desired
capability as you would in any case of adding workflow.

Doug