Ryan, take a look at the following link. I believe this will provide
information your looking for to make a decision.

Remedy 9.0 benchmark report has some data where we compared physical SQL
server to a VM. Essentially we saw similar performance and therefore using
a VM for a small or medium type of environment as a database server should
be okay. For production environment we recommend not to over-subscribe
resources and map (1-1 mapping) one VCPU to one physical core.

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/brid90/Mixed+workload+with+Microsoft+SQL+server+deployed+to+a+Virtual+Machine