Hi all,

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.

As of version 8.x, all asset attributes such as Asset Lifecycle Status have
been removed from the core CMDB data model and are stored in its own asset form
called AST:Attributes.

I am trying to define a data load job to CMDB using Atrium Integrator
transformation that would also include Asset Lifecycle Status.

In Atrium Integrator Spoon, if I select CMDB Output step as the means of
writing the data to CMDB class, the Asset attributes are missing.

I could add them by a separate push to AST:Attributes using AROutput step, but
the link is based on reconciliation ID, which I do not have at the time when
importing the data to the CI class as that would be only available once the
data has been through the identification phase of reconciliation.

In addition, the link to AST:Attributes is only based on reconciliation ID and
does not include the dataset, so there can only be one entry per CI, meaning
that any changes to asset attributes would be made to the live data straight
away without going through the reconciliation process.

Is this a shortcoming of the design implemented for asset attributes since
version 8 of CMDB or is there a different way this is intended to work?

Any advice, opinions, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Jiri Pospisil