Hi listers -

Basic setup - ARS 9x - ITSM 9 on Linux with Oracle.

In our development server group we have two servers.  For some reason RKM will
not work as expected.  I would enter a customer, summary, description in a new
incident and click "Search Knowledge Base".  The global variables behind the
scene wouldn't hold their values.  I could see them get set but in the very
next piece of logs where they are referenced about 1500 lines later they are
NULL.  I even did server side logging to make sure they aren't affected by a
service action or something.  They are not ever touched.

I try everything I can think of to figure it out - this is base product RKM.

I had been doing all of my testing on the Admin server.  For kicks I switched
to the secondary server and TA-DA! Everything works as expected!

The cache had been cleared numerous times on both - I even went so far as to
bounce ARS and  Websphere to make sure everything is fine.

It consistently doesn't work on the admin server and it does work on the
secondary.  The only difference in the workflow between the two is that the
fields show up NULL on the admin server and have values on the secondary.

I only know of one server-specific setting that would cause a difference and
that is the "Use FTS in Workflow".  But it is set the same on both servers.

Is there anything else any of you can think of that would cause this to behave
differently on different server in the same server group?

William Rentfrow
wrentf...@stratacominc.com
Office: 715-204-3061 or 701-232-5697x25
Cell: 715-498-5056