Daniel,

We just completed the upgrade from 7.6.04 to 9.0.01.  For the most part it
was relatively easy albeit a VERY long process.  I strongly urget that you
take a look at this link if you haven't.  We followed this process and
found it to work quite well.
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/brid90/Upgrading+from+a+version+7.6.04+or+8.0.xx
.

Some things to keep in mind.  When you are working on the Reconciliation,
you must have a copy of your current installation running on a network that
your development server can see.  This is necessary so that the developers
studio can connect with both for the "compare and contrast" part of the
show.  This part can take awhile depending on the number of customizations
you have made.  Don't make the mistake that I made and not take the time to
really look at them.  I ended up losing some things that I really needed....

The problems we have run into since Monday when we went live are these:

   - Reports can no longer be unlimited.  Even though the flags are set for
   the 3 properties in config.properties on the mid tier servers are set to 0,
   they seem to be interpreted as default which limits reports to 2000.  I got
   around this issue by setting a ridiculously high number (2,000,000).
   - Email Servers are not leaving the "Waiting" State on the Failover
   Whiteboard.  Thus they don't send/receive.  If we manually set the primary
   to "Active" then they work fine.  I just have to monitor that till I get a
   fix from BMC.
   - I have a number of users who are no longer able to submit incidents.
   Some are receiving error messages that they do not have the right
   permissions (they do) and one is being told to provide information for the
   ticket that no one else has ever been required to provide.  One other
   person cannot get to the people search form from the incident form.  He is
   told that he doesn't have the appropriate permissions.
   - Some users are complaining that they are not receiving their
   notification....  Not sure about this one.

That said, this has been one of the easiest upgrades I've gone through (the
actual upgrade of production).  We worked on it for a couple of months, and
practiced quite a bit, but all of the preparation really helped.

We started the actual work on last Friday at 6 pm and finished the last
install at 6 pm on Sunday.  My partner and I worked the upgrade straight
through (taking turns for some shut eye).  That was to upgrade 3 app
servers and 3 mid tier servers.
Hope that gives you some idea....

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:51 PM, David Charters <
da...@charterstechnologies.com> wrote:

> **
>
> 9.x has a very cool data manger you will want to use for data. Custom
> objects export and import or if there are not too many do it by hand. 9.x
> is so different you might not want or need those customizations. Have you
> done a gap analysis yet to create the requirments?

Warren R. Baltimore II
Remedy Developer
410-533-5367