Vivek,

Did you run the pre-upgrade check program on your target system before you did
the upgrade? That might give you more details.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Vivek garg
Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2016 11:14 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy 9 installation issues :: Failed to run DB upgrade utility

Hi,

While running Remedy9 installer, I got following severe error:

,SEVERE,com.bmc.install.product.arsuitekit.platforms.arsystemservers.arserver.ARServerPriorToServerJDatabaseUpgradeTask,
  LOG EVENT {Description=[arserver.installer.preupgrade.descriptionFailed to
run Database Upgrade Utility]}

We are trying to upgrade remedy 8.1.02 to 9 and in installer we gave option for
DB to Upgrade

there were no other errors while installation and in end it just shows that
installation failed.
Please let me know if anyone knows how to resolve this.

Thanks,
Vivek

Are, and have been for 20 years"