Ben,

There needs to be an overall look at the issues you are having -- please submit
the issues and concerns to the support team and they can be investigated.
There is always the chance that an error was made that needs to be corrected
and that will definitely be looked into and action taken to correct the problem.

But, I want to pursue the topic of API version that you have brought up in your
recent messages.

API version != product version

We sometimes change the API version multiple times between releases.  We
sometimes change the API version for a maintenance release.  We sometimes don't
change the API version for a maintenance release and there are occasions where
the API version may not change for a release.  It is all about the API version
and whether there was a notable change made such that we have to map the
protocol between clients and servers of different versions.

If you are using the API version as a product release version, that is
incorrect and will not work.  We do not always change the API even when there
are new releases.  Yes, it changes with many releases, but not with ALL
releases.

To tell what release you are using, you should be using AR_SERVER_INFO_VERSION
 (code 4).  This will give you the version of the server and it includes
details about version and service pack and patch.  THIS will be changed in each
release for sure --- well I sure hope you find it being different between
releases as it sure is supposed to be different.....

I just want to be sure that the right value is being used for the right
purpose.  I am concerned and want to find out why you have found some
differences in the server information results returned -- that is not supposed
to happen.  I also want to be sure you are using the right setting for the
right purpose.   On the other hand, I want to be sure you are not misusing the
API version to determine server version -- they are not the same thing.  Now,
did 9.1 change the API protocol?  And, should the number have changed from
server info?  That can be double checked, but it very well may not have changed.

I hope this helps,

Doug Mueller