The basics are simple, but there are some caveats to be careful of.

   1. Some names do not have only the first letter capitalized (McDonald,
   BillyRae...etc). You may want to have an exception list to check against.
   2. Last name hyphens and suffixes can be tricky as well. "Jr." is fine,
   but you don't want to end up with "Chisholm-brickell" or "Whitelaw Iii".

It might be worth checking to see if there is a web service you could
consume that checks for these kinds of exceptions. Seems like someone
should have that out there by now.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> **
>
> You will have to sequence the string functions. Use one to identify the
> first character of each field, then another to ensure that the is upper
> case. Then the next one will ensure that the rest are lower case.
>
> Rick
> On Apr 22, 2016 7:35 AM, "Satya Miller" <only1sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> **
>> I could only find Upper and Lower.  Nothing about Proper Case.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Rick Cook <remedyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> **
>>>
>>> The string functions should be able to do that.  Look in the appendix of
>>> your AR System documents.
>>>
>>> Rick

>>> _ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_
>>

>> _ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_

Kelly Logan
Senior Consultant
Rapid Technologies, Inc. <http://www.raptek.com>
Office: 313-651-7169