IIS or Tomcat?

Christie Pargeter  | Sr Technical Analyst | tel 503-415-5149

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Sanford, Claire
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 1:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: SSL Certificate Errors - Remedy ARS 7.6.04 Mid-Tier

**
Below is what the problem we are experiencing is:

A Certificate Revocation List (CRL) was updated and published. It was built
using SHA2 algorithm.

Remedy started returning errors that the Certificate had been revoked, which it
had not.

A hypothesis was built that suggested the existing SHA1 certificate on the
RemedyMid server was in conflict with the CRL. We attempted to replace the
existing certificate (SHA1) with a SHA2 certificate and has failed. We tried
replacing the cert with a new SHA1 certificate and are still having issues.

The current behavior is what appears to be a “Self Signed” Cert is being
generated that has a 3 month expiration.

I have a ticket open with BMC.  Has anyone experienced this and do you have any
idea how to fix it?

ITSM 7.6.04 SP3
ARS 7.6.04 SP3
Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production