Yes smart reporting will work for most reports. You can also implement BMC
Analytics for complex reporting using cursors and other advanced functions,
which if done right blows regular Crystal reports out of the water.

-------- Original message --------
From: Joanne Janssen <joanne.jansse...@gmail.com>
Date: 6/22/16 11:04 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Experience with Smart Reporting?

**
Hey,

At this point I am a Remedy user/report developer, rather than a Remedy
Developer, just as a preface (they won't let me get my hands on it!).  But my
question is about Smart Reporting.  Has anyone used it to create reports?  We
have developed some very sophisticated Crystal Reports, however we are
transitioning to Remedy 9.1 and have been told that we can no longer use
Crystal, due to security concerns.  I'm trying to create some of our simpler
reports and have run into some snags.

I've created Views for our HPD:Help_Desk based reports, and used some of the
canned formulas that Remedy supplied successfully, but have not been able to
create any of our customer SQL formulas.  Does anyone have any insight into
this?

Thanks

Joanne