Basant,

A big question is whether the data will remain in these other tables and that
is the master copy of the data and where it will be maintained and you want it
"discovered" into the CMDB and kept in sync there OR is this a one time
transfer into the CMDB and then the CMDB will become the owner and master
source of this data.

Step 1

Create a dataset that will hold this data.  This will be the drop location for
the data from this source.

Step 2

Create appropriate normalization (if any) and reconciliation ID and
reconciliation merge jobs and activity for this data to clean, identify, and
merge it with other data and into the production dataset

Step 3

IF the data is going to remain in the custom tables and be owned there, use a
process like AI to create a job that loads the data from the custom forms into
the CMDB, mapped as appropriate.  Take advantage of the feature to check
timestamps (and key off last modified time) to only load things changed since
last load.

IF the data is going to be one time converted, I would still use AI to do the
one time load as it is just the safest way to move the data -- but you could do
some kind of custom data move as it will be done one time.  Then, once moved,
you can eliminate the old custom tables and just manage the data in the new
dataset as being the master owner of the data now.

Really, these directions are the same regardless of what data source you decide
to integrate with/move into the CMDB.

Doug Mueller