Claire,
It wasn't a RUG, but engage was pretty cool.
There were many familiar faces, but we were outnumbered: there were 2,000
people in attendance this year.
The emphasis, as usual, was on future innovations.
The best example was a programmable drone that would fly, on its own, from one
map point to another.
AND it was large enough to hold a passenger! A smart, self-flying Uber/Lyft!

The other big take-away is that, eventually, the developers studio will be
replaced with a new technology, the Innovation Studio.
As we all know, the Remedy Action Request System is the best application
development environment ever published. This has been true until the next
version is released, and it became the best.
The first peek at Innovation (under development) is a higher-level GUI where
you can map-out work flow in a  Visio-like interface. Objects can be opened to
specify fields, decision points, output, etc.
I would have has this process churn out ARS definition files (an old wish), but
Doug Mueller and his team chose a more modern approach:
JSON code that interacts directly with the JAVA AR SERVER.
Since Doug has never disappointed, I'm looking forward to digging into the
Innovation Studio
Anyone can try out the cloud-based Innovation Studio, unfortunately, I don't
have the link.
I'll look through my note, but if anyone else has it, please post it here or in
the Communities
Joel
Joel Sender    jdsen...@earthlink.net    310.829.5552