Andy,
As indicated by Thad, you should see in the near future interaction through
Node.js into Remedy through the RestAPI.  So, not the C like you indicated,
but with Rest, this will give you similar access to Remedy that the ARSPerl
did, in that ARSPerl was more interested in interacting with Remedy records
than anything else, and the RestAPI gives you complete access to the full
CRUD capability for record management.