Hi Brian,

We also had similar situation not for smart reporting but for actual midtier
access, basically you will need help from your network team which generally ask
you to host one midtier in DMZ zone [public ip] which in turn talks to your
private network setup. Not sure how much BMC can help here considering its
internal to your infra/network but can take guidance from them for performance
perspective.

Thanks,
Vinod Gaidhani.