From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG> on
behalf of Misi Mladoniczky <m...@rrr.se>
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2017 1:37 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Migrator Tool

**
Hi,

Why not try a combination of RRR|ExportDef, RRR|DefDiff, RRR|ImportDef and
RRR|DeleteObject.

The important one is RRR|DefDiff, mening that you can use other tools to
export/import definitions and delete surplus objects.

https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrDefDiff

RRR|DefDiff<https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrDefDiff>
rrr.se

https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrExportDef

https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrImportDef

RRR|ImportDef<https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrImportDef>
rrr.se
usage: rrrimportdef [ -l error.log ] [ -e error.def ] [ -verbose ] [ -silent ]
server tcpport user password import.def usage: rrrimportdef -help

https://rrr.se/cgi/tools/main?tool=rrrDeleteObject

www.rrr.se
RRR|Log Fix specific performance problems or work proactively with performance
by using RRR|Log. It will help you make sense of the information in the Remedy
log ...

Ask the Remedy Licensing Experts (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11/12/13)
* RRR|Log - Performance issues or elusive bugs? Analyze your Remedy logs
Find these products, and many free tools and utilities, at http://rrr.se

RRR|Home<http://rrr.se/>
rrr.se
RRR|Log Fix specific performance problems or work proactively with performance
by using RRR|Log. It will help you make sense of the information in the Remedy
log ...

February 9, 2017 5:52 PM, "Brian Pancia"
<panc...@finityit.com<mailto:%22Brian%20Pancia%22%20<panc...@finityit.com>>>
wrote:

I'm blowing off the dust on BMC Migrator. It has been years since I've messed
with it. I've used it in the past to migrate small amounts of code from dev to
test to production. What I'm looking at now is using it as a sync tool between
the environments for code only. I've usually just done a database backup and
restore in the past and for small code migrations I just export/import .def
files. There are definitely pros/cons to all these methods. My plan now is to
use RRRChive to migrate data updates and BMC Migrator to do code migration.
This will give me much more control then a simple database backup and restore.
Is anyone currently taking this approach between dev/test/prod. We're using MS
SQL 2012 on the backend, which I'll use database replication between prod and
coop.

Brian

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments
contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally
privileged. The information is intended only for the use of the recipient(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or action in reliance upon the contents of
the information transmitted is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please delete it immediately. _ARSlist: "Where the
Answers Are" and have been for 20 years_